QAB systems can provide the training required to use our fence access systems.
Under Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations employers must provide training information and instruction. (PUWER Regs)
Regulation 9 Training
(1) Every employer shall ensure that all persons who use work equipment have received adequate training for purposes of health and safety, including training in the methods which may be adopted when using the work equipment, any risks which such use may entail and precautions to be taken.
(2) Every employer shall ensure that any of his employees who supervises or manages the use of work equipment has received adequate training for purposes of health and safety, including training in the methods which may be adopted when using the work equipment, any risks which such use may entail and precautions to be taken.
Under the 2005 Work at Height Regulations work at height must be properly planned and staff competent to work at height.
(1) Every employer shall ensure that work at height is—
(a) properly planned;
(b) appropriately supervised; and
(c) carried out in a manner which is so far as is reasonably practicable safe, and that its planning includes the selection of work equipment in accordance with regulation 7.
(2) Reference in paragraph (1) to planning of work includes planning for emergencies and rescue.
(3) Every employer shall ensure that work at height is carried out only when the weather conditions do not jeopardise the health or safety of persons involved in the work.
Every employer shall ensure that no person engages in any activity, including organisation, planning and supervision, in relation to work at height or work equipment for use in such work unless he is competent to do so or, if being trained, is being supervised by a competent person.
Training cards issued are valid for 3 years and will require to undergo the 1 day course again in order stay compliant.